Advise regarding barges in France

spikeychris 19:39 21 Aug 06

We have always fancied a barge holiday and I love France. I have just started researching the inns and outs. Has anyone any experience in this?

ade.h 20:50 21 Aug 06

"...researching the inns..."

A very enjoyable holiday pursuit!

ezypcy 21:30 21 Aug 06

Go Barging Video Tour - foot tapping audio!
click here

anskyber 21:57 21 Aug 06

No. But what a wonderful subject for a thread. I wish I had gone bargeing in France. My only experience has been bargeing on the Leeds/Liverpool Canal here. Very peaceful, but not France.

spikeychris 22:04 21 Aug 06

I'm not going until August next year so I have time. I might be in touch regarding your experiences though if that is OK.

anskyber 22:43 21 Aug 06

It was a long time ago, but do get in contact if you wish.

€dstowe 08:46 22 Aug 06

As you would be taken way, way out of any tourist areas it is vital that you speak French (just a thought in case you don't - and plenty of time to learn).

Pidder 08:51 22 Aug 06

Did you see Rick Stein's French canal cruise? He's a chap who enjoys his food ...and wine...

spikeychris 10:06 22 Aug 06

just shouting in English - !I SAID I WANT A BEER! tends to work.

Sethhaniel 13:01 22 Aug 06

The Falkirk Wheel the rotating boat lift connecting the Union Canal with the Forth & Clyde Canal
click here

been there - done that - got the DVD - "only because my American friend bought it and it wouldn't work on the US system" ;)

€dstowe 14:27 22 Aug 06

Not much use when negotiating locks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…