Advice on Trains

rossgolf 17:22 16 Jul 08

can anyone advise which trains would be best to get to the royal birkdale golf club tomorow for the open championship?
i think there is one from birmingham to Liverpool then liverpool to birkdale but i cant find any reference on this.??

crosstrainer 17:26 16 Jul 08

I don't know where you are starting from, but this might help:

click here

Forum Editor 17:27 16 Jul 08

where you're starting from - do I take it that would be Birmingham?

John B 17:29 16 Jul 08
  Woolwell 17:34 16 Jul 08

I'm not a golfer but the Royal Birkdale website click here states that Hillside is the nearest station and I use Crosstrainer's site for train journeys. A quick look gave me trains with usually 2 changes.

rossgolf 17:44 16 Jul 08

thanks for the advise and i will be looking into the websites for detailed later

Bingalau 17:59 16 Jul 08

for Birkdale golf course. When you get to Liverpool Lime Street, make your way to Central Station about a five minute walk away. From there you take the Southport train which runs every fifteen minutes. There is a large notice on the platform at Hillside telling you that it is the station for the golf. Hope you enjoy the outing.

Bingalau 10:42 17 Jul 08

rossgolf. Well what a lousy day for the start of the golf weekend at Birkdale. I am thinking of the spectators more than the players. Apart from the weather I have just heard that there is a fault on the rail line between Formby and Southport so all the spectators will have to be bussed to there destination. Shame ! I know my lad was looking forward to a nice day out and now he is probably having to suffer in the beer tent. some lousy scores coming in too..... I've heard it is going to improve for Sunday...

rossgolf 10:57 17 Jul 08

im not going today in the end. me and a couple of mates were going up but as were not adults it would of cost for us to get in which is 25£ . 40£ for train and spendin money will be about 100£ overall and i dont wanna be paying that a week before i go on hols.
so i will have to postpone till the next open comes to england unfortunately

Bingalau 12:04 17 Jul 08

rossgolf. What a shame. But looking at the weather it is probably a wise decision anyway...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant