Advertisements on PCA site

lucky1 20:18 PM 13 May 11

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the large background ads for esset and Ford Focus? With me they are taking ages to load with the page doing a double flip whilst they do so!

ams4127 20:29 PM 13 May 11

Using Chrome, the esset ad is loading quickly but the screen is jumping around all over the place.

Condom 21:00 PM 13 May 11

I don't think I have even seen either advert as yet using Firefox

lucky1 21:08 PM 13 May 11

Using IE9 here.

n47. 21:46 PM 13 May 11

Screen flipping up here. When you go to click on a page number it flicks and you end up on facebook!

lucky1 22:05 PM 13 May 11

I'll be seeing Ford Focuses (or Foci?} in my sleep. There's an advert for one now on either side of my screen, every time I scroll up or down it follows me!! Maybe I'm having a senior moment?

rdave13 00:44 AM 14 May 11

lucky1 If you don't have the command bar activated then press the ALT key to bring up the menu bar.

Under tools select pop-up blocker and make sure it's set to on. You can also select it's settings.

lucky1 11:26 AM 14 May 11

Pop up blocker is set to off.

birdface 17:13 PM 14 May 11

What you want is the IE7Pro add-on.

It is an add blocker for I/E but if you are thinking of using it look for an older version the latest version is a pain.

It also has a spell check on it and if you download it untick mini download manager and put a tick beside add blocker.

birdface 17:28 PM 14 May 11

This is the version that I use.IE7Pro Add-On

Forget about or do not download the latest version which is version 2.5.1

If it tries to change versions do not let it.

birdface 17:33 PM 14 May 11

Just to add it works on W/7 but I have been told that the spell check may not work on IE9.

I Use W/7 and IE8.

There is another new one from Simple Adblock but they have started charging and to be honest I prefer the free one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week