ADSL+2 coming to the UK soon?

CurlyWhirly 22:26 20 Jan 05

click here

Is this article over optimistic or could it REALLY become a reality by the end of 2005?

Presently, I am UNABLE to get faster internet access due to the length of my telephone line, so is it likely that the threshold will be MORE favourable than the present set-up?
I am currently on 1mb broadband.

Gaz 25 22:30 20 Jan 05

then I might move when it has settled like ADSL has now. At first, I would imagine very high costs.

CurlyWhirly 22:34 20 Jan 05

I know what you mean, like when I first had broadband in 2003!
The costs then were sky high but have gradually come down to dial-up levels now, which explains WHY there are over 4 million ADSL customers!
There are also, allegedly, nearly 2 million cable customers on top of this!

CurlyWhirly 19:20 21 Jan 05

bump

Noelg23 21:31 21 Jan 05

remember this site at all? click here

CurlyWhirly 22:33 21 Jan 05

I didn't think that this was ADSL2+ ?
I thought that current broadband technology could have speeds of up to 8mb as long as you live quite close to the exchange?

Below is an extract from the above website link:

"The UK's Network Interconnect Consultative Committee (NICC) has finally agreed to support the newer broadband ADSL2+ (18Mbps) standard."

The new technology can go up to 18mb NOT 8mb.

Noelg23 22:41 21 Jan 05

yes your right...8Mb is the highest normal ADSL can go upto...but with the help of ADSL+2 who needs 8Mb!!! lets hope the price is the right for it tho...

CurlyWhirly 22:51 21 Jan 05

lets hope the price is the right for it tho...

Yes indeed!
Assuming I can upgrade I am going to wait for the price to come down!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…