Actress sues Amazon over her age on its IMDb site

morddwyd 06:03 AM 24 Oct 11

I know they tend to be fairly free with lawsuits in the US but this is a bit far isn't it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15360864

The age is correct, and is a matter of public record, and IMDB is probably used more by the public than industry casting insiders

HondaMan 07:38 AM 24 Oct 11

Typical Americana. Everything they do is OTT

Kevscar1 13:54 PM 24 Oct 11

if she,s up and coming at over 40 she can't be that good.

spuds 14:16 PM 24 Oct 11

I suppose if she wins her claim, then it may well supplement her income. Perhaps something that her acting career hasn't done so far?.

Forum Editor 18:37 PM 24 Oct 11

I once did some work with an Actress who was known for her good looks. She appeared regularly on TV, and had -at that time - been in a few films as well.

While we were working together she went to America to discuss the possibility of appearing in a Burt Reynolds movie, and shortly after she came home she received the news that Burt thought she was too old for the part. She must have been about 38 years old at the time, and I remember how upset she was that she had lost a part because of her age. It was obviously something that hurt her badly, and brought home to me how sensitive female actors can be about the age thing.

The woman in question later went on to land a leading part in a huge TV series, so life presumably took on a rosier tint.

Aitchbee 18:52 PM 24 Oct 11

Nigel Terry, who played 'Arthur' in the great film 'Excalibur', was quoted by imdb to be 6'1". That was six months ago.He is now 5'11" and described as 'short'.That's the long and tall of it.Nigel is a great actor.He is actually 5'7".

wiz-king 19:18 PM 24 Oct 11

And I thought it was only on dating sites that people told porkies! grin

Joseph Kerr 17:02 PM 25 Oct 11

And I've still precisely no idea who it is, and they took til the last paragraph (i think) to tell me why Amazon are involved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…