Acceptable timescale for repairs

grumpy-git 09:04 24 Oct 04

Imagine you have a computer that is covered by a manufacturer's warranty. When it "fails" and needs a repair, what do you think is a reasonable period of time to have to wait before your pc is "working properly" again?

I don't see a need to mention manufacturer's names or go into great detail about faults.

So, what do YOU think?

G-G

Forum Editor 09:50 24 Oct 04

what is 'reasonable' in terms of a delay
isn't defined in current consumer legislation, and for good reason. The length of time a consumer should reasonably wait whilst a repair is carried out is dependent on the context - some repairs take longer because they're more complex, or because a retailer (who is primarily responsible for the type of repair you're talking about) may have to obtain parts from a maker, or even send the item back to the manufacturer for attention.
In general terms we all have an inate sense of what constitutes a reasonable wait - although degrees of patience vary somewhat from person - but there's no definitive answer.

I suspect.....nay, I know that your question is motivated by a personal experience. You've aired your views quite forcibly in another thread, and I don't see there's anything to be gained from soliciting opinions in this way - pursue your resolution in your other thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…