& about time! (Drinking Laws)

Uboat 13:55 22 Jul 10

Where i live we residents have suffered unimaginable amounts of abuse from drinkers that enter our street from a cyclepath to the bar's at the other end! the street has been used as a Toilet! & a dumping ground for cans/pizza or kebab boxes not to mention the fights/screaming/laughing its all down to the bars having a late licences & there is a Sainsbury's that has a 24/7 Licence which is the BIGGEST problem! although 99% of the residents signed a local petition to have Sainsburys consider whats happening localy they wasnt bothered! money money money!

This may be good news to some of you although its premature!

click here

interzone55 15:01 22 Jul 10

When did these incidents occur?

Most anti-social behaviour seems to happen during what were regular pub opening hours.

The problem isn't the length of time the pubs & clubs open, but the British attitude to drinking.

The press present a very confused and confusing view. On the one hand they're deploring the drinking culture, but then they're happy to run drinks promotions - "Free pint of xx for every reader" - and to print jolly pictures of bladdered micro-celebrities falling out of their dresses as they fall out of night-clubs.

Besides I quite like being able to have a reasonably priced full English breakfast and a coffee in Wetherspoons at 7am...

Uboat 15:53 22 Jul 10

Alan hi thankx for the reply!

The issues we all are having is after 12midnight! when the local police leave the area..& the issue go on till 07am like last november we had a group of twenty students singing & shouting at 06:00 then they came back at 07:00am!..with bags full of MORE beer from the shop at the top of the street..

interzone55 16:40 22 Jul 10

I did that as a student when pubs shut at 11pm.

Yes I know, very anti-social, but I'm willing to bet you annoyed a few other residents when you were young.

I'm in no way condoning the behaviour of drunken louts, it's just some people grow up & others don't - I blame the parents....

Uboat 16:49 22 Jul 10

Alan of cause ive been rowdy in my days! but i wasnt in groups of 20+ most certainly drinking at that times... but i agree with you!!

wiz-king 17:15 22 Jul 10

This is what they need - a bit pricy but worth it? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…