Aberdeenshire tops

peter99co 13:55 19 Dec 09

click here

The best quality of life in Scotland for its residents, according to a survey.

Two of the top 10 areas for quality of life lie off the Scottish mainland, the Orkney Islands and the Shetland Islands.

Stand by for immigration to the north?

Forum Editor 23:01 19 Dec 09

I wouldn't hold your breath.

peter99co 11:07 20 Dec 09

Study reveals best place to live, that caught my eye..

Input Overload 11:30 20 Dec 09

I have dreadful memories of Scotland because I was sub-contracting to work for a few months in the now long gone Ravenscraig steelworks. we we working in a massive building open at both ends. Very very chilly, windy & very depressing.

I must explore the highlands of Scotland as I have been around the world a fair bit but never seen Scotland north of Glasgow. And Scotland is said to be the last wilderness of Europe, so I must go there.

Macscouse 13:34 20 Dec 09

I came up to the Nairn area on an overnighter with the army, in 1976. I'm still here.
Now that the long-haired one and
I are retired, we can go to the hills one day, along the coast the next to see the dolphins, castle hunting, walking in the forests, watch the eagles or ospreys. All within a forty mile radius. I'll not mention the distilleries ;o).
Keep your cities.

spuds 15:32 20 Dec 09

Local bred Aberdeen Angus take a lot of beating as well-yummy.

Legolas 08:54 22 Dec 09

Don't leave out the Isle of Arran off the west coast. Known as 'Scotland in Miniature' but be warned if you get good weather when you are there you are likely to sell all you have and move there ;)

Quickbeam 09:16 22 Dec 09

"More than nine out of 10 people were said to be in good health,"
What, no deep fries Mars bars in Aberdeen then...?

Legolas 13:34 22 Dec 09

Of courswe there is but they wash it down with a good malt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…