abandoned threads?

p;3 22:56 15 Aug 06

is it me seeing things or are there a lot of threads in several sections of the forum that have been abandoned by the thread starters?; I have several I am following that lack any feedback, or a conclusion or apparent interest in continuing to sort out the original problem.

Forum Editor 23:18 15 Aug 06

Many people apear to have abandoned threads, but often return to them some time later. Bear in mind that thousands of registered members only come here when they need assistance. or occasionally to see what's going on.

It's always been that way.

Wilham 10:34 16 Aug 06

Apt comment from FE. To tick the box I have to assert the thread is resolved in sense that difficulty has been removed. Because of this my early 'unsolved' threads were left open . Today after a run I click as resolved even if answer is not all there; and close with thanks.

In my view the present pragmatic arrangement works fine. Anyone any time can add to any thread, resolved or not, and I'll notice the update in My Postings.

Altogether splendid organisation. Thanks PCA.

spuds 11:27 16 Aug 06

p;3-- There's one post been unticked for nearly two years, and the poster still returns occasionally :O)

When the FE (China) first started the job, he and Guy Dixon use to send out reminders about ticking's off and closing threads ;o)

Forum Editor 16:20 16 Aug 06

We did, and you should have seen the moans and groans we used to get via email. "Stop spamming me immediately, or I'll cancel my subscription, and you'll all be out on the streets" etc., etc.

In the end we gave up.

Newuser38 17:21 16 Aug 06

Even FE forgets? sometimes click here Occasionally I check My Postings and send a "did you manage to solve the problem?". Or if its an old stager like myself I just say "green tick time?"

Altruist 18:27 16 Aug 06

quite an old one: click here

Newuser38 21:31 04 Sep 06

Has this one joined the rest?

silverous 23:38 04 Sep 06

I think it is just good manners to check back and respond to a thread you started. I think in some cases people just flit from one thing to another and probably either find a solution elsewhere or don't bother fixing the problem or in some cases when you see a post and the same person answers their own question 30 seconds later you think some people might be a bit trigger/post happy!

I have had this recently - put quite a bit of effort in to help with a problem, then silence.

I think to look on the positive side perhaps your postings will help others who search and have a similar problem.

Sapins 09:16 05 Sep 06

Good manners isn't required here, as is spelling and grammar.

silverous 09:28 05 Sep 06

Sapins

I presume that was sarcasm, I see no reason why it should be any different here than anywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos