The A380's construction in high-speed

TopCat® 13:21 15 Oct 07

As the first A380 is delivered to Singapore Airlines a time-lapse video of its construction can be seen, for the time being, at click here

It is certainly one mammoth aircraft, that's for sure, but I wonder if sales will ever fully meet the expectations of its builders? TC.

John B 13:38 15 Oct 07

It's a link to the BBC's news?

Pine Man 13:56 15 Oct 07

....and the link is in the middle of that page ;-)

TopCat® 13:57 15 Oct 07

Scroll down to the Video and Audio News section. TC.

Bingalau 15:36 15 Oct 07

This link may be a bit long .. but it's what comes up if you forward the little film on to anyone else by email...

click here >

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:44 15 Oct 07

Airbus needs to flog 420 of the beasts to break even and confirmed orders so far seem to be around the 170 mark However the serious competition is the Dreamliner of which even BA has ordered 24 as opposed to 12 Airbuses (which it got at a heavy discount).
The 2 year delay did not help Airbus much and if I was a shareholder I would be very nervous. Even more worrying is that no North American carrier has ordered the plane, and among other major customers—including Singapore, Qantas Airways , Lufthansa, and Air France)—none has ordered more than 20. If I was working for Airbus I would not be taking out any loans or increasing my mortgage.

G

TopCat® 17:10 15 Oct 07

when it comes to our British workers, although earlier mention of that at click here talks of job losses elsewhere too.

Unless this aircraft has short take-off and landing capabilities, which I rather doubt, then many airports around the world will be denied to it. Hopefully, the Americans will venture forward after all the hype has died away, but I'm not all that sure it will happen. TC.

paddyjack 19:48 15 Oct 07

A whole lot of stuff here about the A380 click here

Some of it very interesting on component tests.

Colin 21:35 15 Oct 07

Whether it succeeds or not, and I hope it does, it's an incredible feat of engineeering.

WhiteTruckMan 21:43 15 Oct 07

Concorde.

WTM

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:11 15 Oct 07

Titanic.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…