5 Reasons not to use Lnux

DieSse 23:57 15 Sep 05
  Forum Editor 00:20 16 Sep 05

not again.

Arthur Scrimshaw 09:15 16 Sep 05

let's wait for the first bite :D

Chegs ® 09:19 16 Sep 05

Some of the links from that page make very interesting reading(specifically the history of windows worms)

dth 09:58 16 Sep 05

quite funny.

jz 20:20 16 Sep 05

I would like to install and learn Linux. The reason I haven't is that it's taken me a long time to learn how to use Windows reasonably well, and I don't really have the time to go through what will probably be a fairly long learning curve again.

Pooke 22:56 16 Sep 05

My experience of Linux:

Played around with a few live cds, then installed the free version of xandros. Couldn't get it to install a firewall, all I could do with it was use the net and play in the games. When I encountered problems, the suggestion was get the paid for version.

I said NOPE already have a paid for fully functioning - fully equipped and easy to use operation system. Took Linux off the computer.

The End

Pooke

The Spires 23:06 16 Sep 05

It's making as much headway into the home user market as in replacing XP or lower as an ant laden with very heavy shopping.

Skills 00:04 20 Sep 05

Funny,

and I do want to give linux a go which I will as soon as I have a spare hard drive to put it on.I just don't fancy the whole dual boot thing.

Plus I like windows(hence no rush to install linux). I can use it fairly well installing apps and drivers is easy. From what I have seen on the web when I was looking at installing stuff on linux it looked a bit complex.

All of the mentioned security software you can get for free, openoffice you can have that in windows as well. Firefox well im typing this from that now, free image editing, you can get NVU for windows and I can play my games n all.

Just another take on the situtation

Mr Mistoffelees 16:25 20 Sep 05

I'm perfectly happy with Windows XP Pro SP2.

harps1h 17:54 20 Sep 05

all these comments are very negative, and to be honest i use only windows. the only thing holding me back from dual booting is that i need an etherenet connection which i will get when i do a network when i move house and as well as put on x64 pro. it is not on as my modem maker has still got its thumb where it shouldn't be and has not produced x64 drivers yet. after that linux will be on and used to surf and so on. never close your minds to new experiences you may be missing out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5