4G Phone Speeds

Quickbeam 06:58 AM 04 Aug 12

were mentioned recently (I can't remember which thread it was on), and the FE said that it would make 3G look stationary (or words to similar effect).

I thought at the time that it was something that wouldn't interest me much at all, 3G was doing everything I expected of it for idle mobile web surfing. But after seeing how many of us at Headingley yesterday were trying to watch an Olympic event and suddenly got a slowdown at a crucial moment (for me it was the last hundred yards in which we won the rowing final!!!), I can now see that I'll be buying into 4G as soon as I can get my hands on it!

Aitchbee 10:01 AM 04 Aug 12

The Men's 100m final will be over in less than ten seconds...blink...and you might miss it ;o]

Forum Editor 11:37 AM 04 Aug 12

The thing to remember about all mobile devices is the fact that Internet access speeds are always going to be highly dependent on bandwidth. During the Olympic games the mobile networks are under enormous pressure, as you've discovered.

Chegs ®™ 15:32 PM 04 Aug 12

4G isn't going to be genuine 4G,there's a "war" on with potential providers of various systems that will be faster than 3G but nowhere near the genuine 4G(as in the USA)Also,as FE pointed out,bandwidth allowances can become heavily used so resulting in slower speeds.I cant find the site where all the various forms of 4G were mentioned,but did find this one mentioning two...

http://tinyurl.com/d8gbvt5

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites