£4.4billion and no security???

Seth Haniel 07:02 14 Sep 08

click here

Hackers claim they have broken into the computer system of the Large Hadron Collider

laurie53 07:51 14 Sep 08

That's pretty frightening.

Brumas 09:12 14 Sep 08

just as long as they do not leave the results of their efforts on a laptop on the bus/train whatever.....

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:21 14 Sep 08

Before the usual 'security' paranoia sweeps the forum.....
1) they hacked the website..no big deal.
2) they TRIED to hack the mainframe...I can try to hack GCHQs compuyers but I don't think I would get very far.

Triple yawn story on what must have been a slow news day.

G

Si_L 10:12 14 Sep 08

£4.4 billion just goes to show that absolutely everything is hackable.

tullie 10:22 14 Sep 08

Its only the web site as mentioned.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:25 14 Sep 08

The absolute paranoia begins...:-(

G

Seth Haniel 10:27 14 Sep 08

do you think they'de tell us if their main frame was compromised -

And don't hold your breath for them publishing any results in the near future ;)

Forum Editor 10:37 14 Sep 08

A website was hacked - one that's used by scientists all over the world. It happens on a daily basis somewhere or other. The CERN system was not compromised, and I very much doubt whether anyone could get into it as easily, regardless of what a few hackers might say to the contrary.

Please try to resist the temptation to rush around in a lather of paranoia every time you read a story like this in a newspaper.

tullie 20:30 14 Sep 08

Well said FE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…