400,000 UK Workers May Not Get Paid

MichelleC 13:28 30 Mar 07

If you couldn't draw money from an ATM this is why:
Up to 400,000 people are facing delays in their salary payments because of a problem with an electronic banking system. The Banks Automated Clearing System has been running slowly and has not sent out all payments in time. The BACS is responsible for processing financial transactions. click here

€dstowe 13:35 30 Mar 07

Another excuse for banks to put on their grossly excessive charges for out of order accounts. Even though it's not the customer's fault, I'm sure these usurers will try it on.

josie mayhem 14:06 30 Mar 07

I haven't had the nerve to look yet!

I can understand that every now and then there can be problems, thats life... But not being able to tell us how long we might have to wait if we are one of the unlucky ones is so frustrating....

On telly this morning it did say that if you don't get your wages paid in, and any standing order or dirct debits make your account overdrawn, the the banks are not going to charge, they in the process of setting this up... But if you fall through the net and get charge you will be able to claim any charges back!

But how long is it going to be before the money goes in? I think that's the most important part!

josie mayhem 14:10 30 Mar 07

I've just plucked up the courage to look!

wripe sweat from brow and sigh with releive!

I'm not one of the 400,000 who didn't get paid!

Jak_1 14:10 30 Mar 07

Just announced on the news that should anyone incur a bank charge because of this then they will be refunded.

Hackwatch 14:16 30 Mar 07

My money went in OK.
Anyone want a loan;)

recap 14:29 30 Mar 07

Mine went in OK.

Koochy 14:56 30 Mar 07

I'm okay wages in just after midnight last night.

Stuartli 14:57 30 Mar 07

Anyone not paid will be by Monday - there will be a refund of any bank charges incurred according to the TV news programmes.

I'll bet that it could well prove very annoying if you are not paid, in view of the fact we almost into the weekend with its normally heavy spending.

Legolas 16:00 30 Mar 07

My wages are there, breaths sigh of relief.

spuds 16:15 30 Mar 07

What's the betting that some people will still get a penalty charge notice, if they become overdrawn through this problem?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…