35m Photo Transfer

acowgal 11:49 11 Nov 04

Does anyone know of an MFD that supports direct photo transfer from 35mm slides to printer or PC.

Wilham 13:07 11 Nov 04

My ignorance, what is an MFD ?
If it's any interest I bought a Canon Lide 80 nearly a year back. Had to extract film from glass to do slides, then it only digitised one at a time. My son thought it great but I hadn't the patience.

Couple of months ago I bought a Dimage Scan Dual IV. Put several slides in carrier, set it off and I go back later when the motor has advanced them through. More my style.

For the Canon I paid just over £100. The Dimage was twice as much and I wish I'd bought it before the Canon, ...latter still has its uses, though.

Sir Radfordin 13:32 11 Nov 04

MFD = Multi Function Device (typically Scanner, Printer, Photocopier)

Sadly not aware of any that offer 35mm photo transfer.

jack 14:44 11 Nov 04

Wishful thinking here sir Red though Epson might -just. The Rez spec requirements for slide transfer are a bit on the high side for a MFD -would make em uneconomic I guess, but now I've said it- you never know .
One will be announced the week after you have paid quids for the dedicated slide scanner.
j

Cannuck 17:59 11 Nov 04

I use an HP ScanJet 3970 (about £90.00) for both slides and colour negatives.

It has a holder for 2 negatives or 1 masked slide.

With the software provided you can print directly, or do what I do, clean up the pics in a photo editor first.

It also converts your negatives into prints automatically.

A bit tedious doing 1 slide at a time, but the price was right for me, and I'm retired so what's a little time.

Wilham 18:01 11 Nov 04

Thanks Sir Rad. I'm hopeless with short forms. Other day I felt a chump after someone 'at the LSE' turned out to be from the London Stock Exchange. I'd read it as London School of Economics.

I'll tell my SAK it's an MFD.

(SAK = Swiss Army Knife)

jack 15:11 12 Nov 04

There you are acowgal your prayers are answered.
See Jan PCA best buys.
The latest EPSON MFD has film scanning
Just what you want for Christmas.
It will cost your benefactor only 300 smackers
Thats only a couple of round of drinks on a Saturday nite.

pj123 15:45 13 Nov 04

Although this thread appears to be resolved, even without any feedback from the originator acowgal.

A better solution is a dedicated film scanner. I have the primefilm negative and slide scanner from Jessops at £99.90 an awful lot cheaper than the 300 smackers that jack is talking about.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…