3.5in Floppy Disks

phredd 21:56 18 May 06

Does anyone know of a deserving cause that can make use of reclaimed floppies? I haven't used a floppy for years and I know that a floppy drive is no longer a feature of new computers but maybe there is some organisation that can make use of around 1,000 perfectly usable old ones. They've all been de-labeled and reformatted so are ready to use.

I think there used to be charities that repaired old computers to send out to developing countries. Do they still do so? If they do does anyone have a contact phone number, e-mail address?

Diemmess 10:18 19 May 06

click here

Significant comments ["I haven't used a floppy for years, used to be charities...."]

1000 floppies is really some offer, but costs of collection and distribution would otherwise make it a non starter.

Hope you can give them away to some needy cause.

phredd 10:51 19 May 06

Diemmess,

Thanks for your help, it is just the kind of thing I was looking for. I'll make further enquiries as I have some other 'redundant' bits of computer related equipment that might be put to better use than sitting gathering dust in the loft.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…