20/20 Cricket

Legolas 16:11 24 Jun 07

As I have said in another thread I am one of the few Scotsmen who enjoys cricket.

I love the 5 day tests and the one day matches but after having watched a few 20/20 matches in the last few days I am not impressed there seems to me to be little skill involed just hit the ball as hard as you can and hope you don't go out, in my opinion is just not cricket.

rezeeg 16:15 24 Jun 07

There's a 10/10 on TV at the moment - just a slogging match.

Legolas 16:23 24 Jun 07

I am watching it, as you say reduced to 10/10 because of rain very little skill involved.

Stuartli 16:27 24 Jun 07

Well I enjoy cricket too and that includes the 20/20 version - seems the public like it as well, especially when it finished under floodlights and creates a great atmosphere.

Quickbeam 02:04 25 Jun 07

I just hope it stops raining for my annual 3 days at Trentbridge...

Cymro. 11:35 25 Jun 07

The problem I have always found with cricket is that it is not much of a spectators sport,

too slow and boring and over long. So if this 20/20 or even 10/10 thing can improve the

number of people watching the game then that is a good thing. Surely it is a good

thing to get more people through the gates? or do some people just want to preserve the game as they like it for only themselves to watch.

Quickbeam 13:19 25 Jun 07

5 day Tests are very tactical... I would liken them to an Athletic Chess game.

But everyone to their own...

Dizzy Bob 21:57 25 Jun 07

I'm looking forward to watching the Lashings XI on Sunday.

Hopefully the weather will be better.

click here

DB

Wilham 15:46 27 Jun 07

I played a lot in my younger days, and I agree with Cymro's comments. Two stone-wallers holding out for a draw is as exciting as watching the grass grow. To speed up cricket why not widen each wicket with a fourth stump?

Cymro. 15:51 27 Jun 07

Yes I like your suggestion Wilham but there must be other ideas out there.
Anyone else think of a way to liven up cricket?

Stuartli 20:11 27 Jun 07

There are plenty of means of livening up cricket already in operation.

So much so, in fact, that it has affected the level of ability required in the case of some players to maintain the requirements of five day Test matches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…