2006 To End with....

Mark5001 16:22 07 Dec 06

Severe storms.
We are all in for a rough ride in the next couple of months according to click here
Extra strong solar storms are being blamed for this freak weather. I'm off to hibernate....:-)

rezeeg 16:28 07 Dec 06

Don't tell Mr. Brown or we'll have another green tax ;-((

Cymro. 17:21 07 Dec 06

I don`t think that they can forecast the weather accurately that far ahead, but then we haven't had a really hard winter for years, so they have a better chance of getting it right this time, perhaps.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:19 07 Dec 06
  Forum Editor 18:21 07 Dec 06

on our Blackthorn hedge this year - always a reliable indicator of a hard winter.

What?

anskyber 18:26 07 Dec 06

Hmm...well round these parts ( to be said in a Cornish accent please) the seaweed is very damp, a sure sign of bad weather.

Mark5001 18:46 07 Dec 06

Shame my old Nan isn't alive anymore. I can still hear it ringing in my ears " Oh me corns aint arf playing up lad, we'll ave some snow, mark my words". Rarely did though :-((

Watchful 19:24 07 Dec 06

Here in Lancashire we've got rain and high winds at the moment but the whole of November was very mild and sunny and some spring flowers are already appearing. Can't see it being a hard winter myself but I'm hoping for some snow at least.

Input Overload 10:12 08 Dec 06

What the met office think click here

keef66 13:07 08 Dec 06

I trust you've used them to make a bumper crop of sloe gin.

How does you hedge know what kind of winter we'll be getting??

facepaint 14:03 08 Dec 06

A friend of mine knows almost everything about nature like trees,birds and fishing.
One day I had to re-evaluate this notion when he insisted that gin was made from sloes. mmm

At least I know my drinks and I will now leave everything else to nature.

Sloe Gin Recipe
Pick your sloes from blackthorn hedges in October or November when they are most ripe - probably after the first frosts.
Take a litre bottle of gin, and drink half a litre *******
Cut or prick the sloes and drop into the half-empty bottle so that they displace the remaining gin to near the top.
Add one wine goblet of sugar (approx 150g).
All you have to do now is turn or agitate the bottle daily for a week, then weekly for a month or two ... by which time it will be ready to drink (but it is really best kept until the next winter).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017