200,000 members by Christmas 2005

stalion 19:44 21 May 05

is my guess what do you think

Pooke100 20:58 21 May 05

no chance, roughly 151 would need to join daily!

Mr Mistoffelees 21:53 21 May 05

we would need a tv advertising campaign!

JaßîsFaß ˜ 22:12 21 May 05

Perhaps slightly over optimistic, possibly get to 180,000 by then. Most likely will reach that amount during 2006.

spuds 22:37 21 May 05

I remember spending the late evenings and early mornings in the Lounge, back in 2001.The PCA forum, was just a few people who would have never imagined that the membership would have expanded to the point that it as reach today.200.000 just possible!.

josie mayhem 22:39 21 May 05

The only problem with getting larger, the bigger we are the more that some want to take us down.

Take Thursday for example a DOS attack, and at this point I must say thanks to F.E on how quickley that it was sorted. I have noticed of late that there is more sarcasium in some of the threads (which for the newbie can very much be off putting)

I must admit that I prefer the way it is at the moment, just imagine if we get to large poor F.E would have not only give up his job to keep up, but also stay Up 24/7 just to try to keep tabs on things.

CurlyWhirly 23:38 21 May 05

Very good points in your post but let's also not forget that as more members use this site, the more work the server will have to do which will probably slow the site down.
Perhaps a post cull will have to be done on a more regular basis I don't know.

Kumber 18:39 22 May 05

Read this thread with some interest. I was a fan of "The Lounge" and whilst it is now ancient history, a lot of people were upset with the F.E. when this was removed and alternative websites were set up, very anti PCA, and especially anti Mr Thomas, whose moderating style was not popular. These people are still counted as members and that is my point. (I have finally reached it ;))PCA does not have a facility for unsubscribing. I would be interested in knowing how many "live" users there are as this is an excellent forum and that figure would be a better guide to the popularity of this site. IMHO of course.

Mr Pres 21:30 22 May 05

I don't think that there will ever be a way to "unsubscribe" neither do I believe that there will ever be a proper accounting of actual members i.e. current, as opposed to to "joiners" (who are never deleted). I am sure that the Editor will correct this, publicly, if I am wrong.

Andybear 21:32 22 May 05

With all the idiots causing chaos on the site, we'll be lucky if it's still up and running at Christmas!!

Good luck FE.

Buchan 35 22:03 22 May 05

Was it you who posted the question about 150,000 sometime last year? I think you`re biting off a little too much this time. And I`m normally extremely positive, but in your case I hope I`m wrong. And what about the speed getting here if we have so many, maybe our esteemed FE (overworked by a stupid Pratt at present) will format the helproom. Ouch, thats me for the learners

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…