2000 logins

Gongoozler 11:17 22 Sep 04

I know it's not a record, but this is my 2000th login to this forum. I've gained an enormous amount of knowledge in helping other people solve their computer problems, and while I don't claim to be anything like an expert, since joining this forum about (I think) 5 years ago my confidence has grown to a level where I can tackle most pc related tasks (often with the help of the PCA forum and Google). If I remember rightly my first posting was concerning a USB problem with my motherboard that had a VIA MVP3 chipset. In the end I resolved that problem by fitting a new motherboard and processor. I can’t check because “My Postings” only goes back 44 pages to January 1st 2003.

So thank you PCA, and I hope to continue gongoozling here for many more years.

Shas 12:36 22 Sep 04

In comparison, just a mere baby at only 533 log-ins, but Gongoozler you helped me with one of my first problem postings, (to do with a c/f card reader) so thank you to you, (and everyone like you) as well! :o)

pj123 13:14 22 Sep 04

The amount of "logins" doesn't really mean much. This is my 3091 login but I login and out maybe 10 or 12 times a day. Others (like Djohn) login once and stay logged in all day. It's not the amount of logins you do but what you can do when you do login.

end 14:29 22 Sep 04

not to belittle the log-in numbers , but I am up to over 1000 at present; reason?
each time I change screans or similar I have to relog-in;its annoying and frustrating, but "thats life "; and if I have to shift between reading emails and my Professional site plus PCA then things get even "busier";

and , the comment "what you can do when you do log in"; so true:)

(and judging by my mishap on one of my own threads yesterday, seemingly get into deep water (with a fellow member and learn how not to do something:( )

plus; am not "always on" here, so each time I power-up I have to relog in...

(cest la joi (je pense) )

Gongoozler 14:33 22 Sep 04

Hi pj123. I quite agree. When I was on Dial-up I used to login 2 or 3 times a day. Now I'm on BB I generally log in once a day. It would be interesting to know how many postings I've made, but I don't think any record is kept of that. Still I think 2000 logins is some sort of milestone, even if its only a minor one.

ventanas 17:07 22 Sep 04

I suppose it is a milestone, well done Gongoozler. I went past the 1000 yesterday, seems I've got a bit of catching up to do. But I'm one of those who only logs on once a day.

Gongoozler 18:03 22 Sep 04

Hi ventanas. once a day for almost 5 1/2 years gives 2000 postings. I'll tick this thread now and tomorrow I'll start on the next 2000 ;-))

Forum Editor 18:09 22 Sep 04

more often than others - perhaps because they are on a dial-up connection. Those with broadband connections might login and stay that way for hours, or even all day. I can see who is logged in at any one time and sometimes a name will stay there all day.

Whatever, it's good to see those logins racking up isn't it?

Djohn 18:31 22 Sep 04

Keep it up, nice to see your name in a post :o)

end 22:57 22 Sep 04

and my name keeps coming and going because of my screens: when I am between two or three sites for my work, it gets rather interesting, logging in and out of each , let alone remembering passwords and what I am logging in to "ask" :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…