£20 to see your GP?

OTT_Buzzard 00:27 19 Jul 09

click here

Once i stop fuming i'll look up who's in the The Social Market Foundation 'Think Tank'.

tullie 01:07 19 Jul 09

Someone should tell these people that we allready pay.

sunnystaines 01:21 19 Jul 09

will probablybe free in scotland & wales leaving the english the only ones to pay.

ened 04:05 19 Jul 09

That goes without saying.

In addition no doubt it will be free to all the many people who contribute nothing to the economy, and the very wealthy alraady have health insurance.

So once again it will be a tax on the hard-working middle classes!

I just read they think it is justifiable because we already pay for dentista, opticians etc...

laurie53 07:30 19 Jul 09

"we already pay for dentista, opticians etc..."

Only every six months or so, and not £20 per visit.

Mind you, could be a nice little earner if GPs get to keep the £20. Average appointment 10 minutes, say 40 appointments a day, £4,000 a week.

"Come and see me again in a week or so, and we'll see how it's going"

Sound familiar?

BT 08:13 19 Jul 09

Perhaps it would weed out the time wasters.
The BBC Breakfast 'Doc' yesterday was on talking about the Swine Flu question. She said she had seen a patient who had come in with slight cold symptoms and when it was suggested that she possibly had Swine Flu, her response was "But I'm not ill"
So my question is, if she didn't think she was ill why was she at the Docs in the first place. OK perhaps in this instance it was justified, but there are far too many people going to the Docs when they are not really ill. At the slightest hint of an ache or sniffle they are at the surgery.
My Mother in Law was like this, if you had a bit of a cold or something her first words were "Have you been to the Doctors?". She spent half of her time there herself.

Quickbeam 08:33 19 Jul 09

For £20 you can see many more than just the one species in a zoo...

Kevscar1 09:37 19 Jul 09

What they should be doing is charging those who fail to turn up without cancelling the appointment.

ened 09:51 19 Jul 09

The first few lines of your post (the quotations)are stating exactly what I pointed out.

Again it will be the middle-classes - those with the ability to pay - who will, once again, be hit.

zzzz999 10:14 19 Jul 09

sunnystaines
Sun, [email protected]:21

will probablybe free in scotland & wales leaving the english the only ones to pay.

Oh the poor put upon English Middle Classes............how pathetic is that. Given health is a devolved issue I seriously doubt Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland would be stupid enough to introduce the loony policies of a Tory think tank.

Quiller. 10:24 19 Jul 09

"I seriously doubt Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland would be stupid enough to introduce the loony policies of a Tory think tank."

What a Tory think tank might suggest is to give Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland total independence. So they stand on their own two feet with no subsidies from Westminster. They don't get to many votes from those regions and we have had
the oil from Scotland
the coal from Wales
and the spuds from Ireland.
So it's now time for us to save a few bob from the extra funding we send to those regions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…