£126K Salary for "DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE "

barca1 10:02 15 Mar 08

Is this going to far as i am a local man this hit the headlines the other day & there's been a outcry at the wage offered to the right person,...to me £126K per year PLUS all the other extra's they get this does cast doubt if its a justified wage for the role..

click here

&

click here

egapup 10:09 15 Mar 08

Like i said in a earlier post, the councils need sorting out. I bet someone says that you need to pay these large amounts to attract the right people, rubbish.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:16 15 Mar 08

If councils have to compete with industry this is the salary that they need to offer. A similar post in indusstry, with similar responsibilites would be advertised at the same rate and a little bit of realism needs to be cast over this. They will not be in charge of stacking the bread aisle at Tescos. Of course, you could always apply for the job.

' I bet someone says that you need to pay these large amounts to attract the right people, rubbish'..you need to get realistic, most people work mainly for the money and to attract people who can do this job, you need to offer a competitive pay structure. This is not similar to shelf stacking or being a petrol pump cashier.

G

jack 10:39 15 Mar 08

As some one ten years retired, I guess it can be said I am out of touch- such figures are totally mind blowing to me.

Miros 11:10 15 Mar 08

You can get a world class footballer for less than that:-)
After transfer fees of course!

Quickbeam 11:12 15 Mar 08

"You can get a world class footballer for less than that:-)"

It would cost that a 'week', for a world class footballer!

anskyber 11:15 15 Mar 08

I'm with GANDALF <|:-)> on this. It is amazing how many people think that to work for a Council is somehow easy or it should be carried out on a part voluntary basis "because it's a public service"

I always say, if you think it's easy then give it a go, you can earn this money too.

A good Deputy Chief Executive will earn and save as much each year through professional decision making. No one is going to pretend that Councils are perfect but then the last time I looked the private sector isn't that efficient or perfect either.....or have I missed something?

octal 11:15 15 Mar 08

Last time I had a look in the Guardian jobs section CEO jobs were around the £120k mark and most directors are on £75k+ so I think you'll find that is about the going rate.

octal 11:20 15 Mar 08

I will say a lot of those jobs are filled through the "old boys" network unfortunately, so you don't always get the right calibre person, even though they claim the selection is supposed to be transparent.

anskyber 11:21 15 Mar 08

"I will say a lot of those jobs are filled through the "old boys" network"

Your evidence please?

Miros 11:25 15 Mar 08

Your right, wasn't thinking straight.

I'll withdraw my application, don't think i would be suitable:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…