007 Reg for a Bond car

Graham. 17:33 21 Nov 06

No, it's not a Bond car (click here) but a new Corsa I'm getting.Thought I would treat myself to a Personalised Reg. click here and have A007CAR. But it's going for auction.

Anything with 007 is £999. So I thought again...

Kate B 17:46 21 Nov 06

Personalised number plates are a tax on the self-obsessed, I think.

Graham. 17:50 21 Nov 06

I quite agree, I didn't think for long. Jimmy Tarbuck's COMIC was quite pithy.

Forum Editor 19:41 21 Nov 06

when I see personalised number plates, and wouln't be seen dead with one. Each to his/her own, though.

The best ever number plate had to be that owned by Bob Danvers Walker, the legendary Radio, TV and Pathe News announcer. He had a mini with the number: RAD1O

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:46 21 Nov 06

I fail to see why personalised number plates are so popular...why would anyone want to know my initials, unless I was very vain and self obsessive, or read a weak 'joke' ........but hey ho, each to their own and if people want to spend money on vulgar/useless ornaments then it is their money to do as they please.

G

wiz-king 06:38 22 Nov 06

At one time the vet I used had the plate VET 1 0K, I think he put it to advertising on his expenses.

Simsy 10:34 22 Nov 06

late 70's/early 80's I used to walk to work in central London. My route took me past a well to do area near Regents Park and I used to regularly pass 2 cars parked outside some expensive offices in the same area.

One was a Turbo Bentleys and had the plate TUR80

And the other was also something expensive, big engined and thirsty, (though I can't remember exactly what now), and it's ironic plate was "100 MPG"

I, generally, share the view of FE and GANDALF on the matter of personal numberplates, but at the time, and even now, these struck me as having something vulgar, but at the same time classy, about them. They certainly beat the vast majority that are seen.

Regards,

Simsy

Brumas 22:00 22 Nov 06

I am not sure but didn't David Nixon have MAG1C ? - very appropriate for such a polished magician.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:14 22 Nov 06

Paul Daniels ;-))

G

Brumas 22:21 22 Nov 06

Thanks for that, but in David Nixon's case it wasn't just his head that was polished, unlike Mr Daniels, he had a certain charisma IMHO, but we won't fall out about it ;o0

Totally-braindead 22:31 22 Nov 06

When I saw this thread I was thinking about Paul Daniels and his MAGIC1 number plate funny enough. It also started me thinking about the cars in my local area running about with private number plates that are non standard. It was my understanding that new rules had come into force in the past couple of years to stop people altering the way they look in order for the number plate to look like something else. By this I mean I thought it was illegal now to use different spacing and fonts to make an 8 look at first glance like a B and that sort of thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…