Zyxel router 660 model no. 91-004-508010B

sean-278262 23:53 17 Sep 06

Hi everyone gotten this router for use at my UK address. However trying to get the thing running here at my irish address the best I could do was make any computer detect it using the 10/100 ports. My acer laptop didnt even see it. The IBM could connect to it but not get connected to the web. The Toshiba like my acer could not see it either.

click here

I have been on my broadband providers site and they show step by step the setup used for the zyxel 600 usb/network cable modem we have for broadband. I follow this to the letter but no machines find the router.

I have tried all the following ideas

outside line -- new router -- wired to my laptop
outside line -- old modem -- new router -- wired to my laptop
outside line -- new router -- wireless to my laptop and the other laptops in the house
outside line -- new router -- pcmcia wireless card installed in my laptop

None of the above is getting me anywhere. I have very little knowledge of modems and routers as it is not a tech area that interests me so if anyone can shed some light on the matter I would appreciate it.

ade.h 20:25 18 Sep 06

That is an ADSL modem/router so it won't work if you are cable user. That, I suspect, is your problem! Thanks for providing a link to the relevant info page; I wish everyone with less mainstream routers would do that to save me searching for it! ;o)

sean-278262 20:36 18 Sep 06

Didnt think of that little detail no we are on a BT line here not cable television. I have the same model range of modem which works fine. So it is not that little thing.

ade.h 20:49 18 Sep 06

I was going by your reference to a cable modem. I'll be back if I think of anything.

sean-278262 20:57 18 Sep 06

ade.h thanks for the help anyone else shed some light on this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…