ZyXEL P-660HW adsl modem router

nuke 01:10 10 Jan 07

Hello, I have the above and I cannot connect to the net. I have attached the ethernet wire to both the motherboard and router.

I have also attached the adsl wre to the adsl connection in the router.

Te power, lan and wlan LED stay lit but the DSL LED keeps flashing.

I know for a fact my line is active since my usb modem dsl LED stays on.

I've follwed the instruction in the quick start guide to no avail. The modem isn't even recognised with ZyXEL own software unless i'm connected to the net with my usb modem.

Just incase there was any conflict with my uub modem I uninstalled the usb modem and tried the connecting the modem router again with no results.

I want to setup the networking first with the ethernet cable and then set all my security settings before I start going wireless.

Please help. I'm new to all this. It's proving very difficult.

STREETWORK 07:24 10 Jan 07

The first thing to do is to uninstall and drivers and software for any modem, adsl or other wise before you install the new one.

Once uninstalled, reinstall the new router drivers and software from the disk provided and turn off windows firewall. Do not connect the router yet.

Power off the PC and then connect the router to the ethernet card on the PC. And plug it into the filter for the phone line.

Reboot the PC and windows will finish installing the drivers for the new hardware.

You may have to wait for a while as it sets itself up.

When you have all the lights as described in the manual it should be connected.

Do not forget to enable the windows firewall

nuke 08:18 10 Jan 07

Thank you STREETWORK for the response.

The problem is I have to connect everything then switch on the router then install from the supplied disc. The is a video (on the disc) how to do setup the router but once I get to the stage of installing the router it is not found (unless as stated I'm on the net already); further no drivers seem to install since the router can't be found.

nuke 08:20 10 Jan 07

see: click here

5th one down

Ashrich 22:25 11 Jan 07

Is your motherboard ethernet connector properly installed , is it enabled in the bios , and have you checked , if it is installed OK , whether it is set up for getting an IP address and a DNS address automatically . ( start/settings/control panel/network connections/local area connection ) right click and select properties , double click on Internet Protocol ( TCP/IP ) and see if this is so .
No drivers are installed for an ethernet router , it only needs to see and be seen by the ethernet connection .
Ashley

nuke 20:49 12 Jan 07

STREETWORK & Ashrich; Thank you very much for your help.

After spending an hour an a half with my ISPs technical support and going through settings, restarts etc... and also phoning ZyXEL technical support as well (as emailing them for support) and being advised by them that it might be down to a weak signal and/or chipset (since chipsets respond differently) etc... and spending considerable amount of time my self to get it fixed I have regrettably called it quits and have reurned the adsl modem router (as well as the extra adapter purchased) back to Ebuyer.

It has already cost me quite a bit with the phone calls and also put me of a bit from networking. I'm quite sure I'll attempt networking my computers soon. Didn't think it would be hard since I am quite knowledgable with computers and normally go about fixing computer related stuff myself.

Once again thank you.

nuke 20:55 12 Jan 07

ps: Was advised by my ISP the router may have possibly been DOA since they have been through 'all' tests possible. Also ZyXEL have said the router may be incompatible with my ISP(?).

My usb modem (Speedtouch 330) works perfectly on the net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac