zoostorm freezes after 90 seconds.

robinsaloft 20:43 28 May 07

Hello, 1st post. I have an 8 month old zoostorm from the dreaded pcnextday (never again). It starts up ok, then about 90 seconds into XP freezes totally. Does not allow time for norton virus check, or system restore. Pcnextday ignore all emails, no wonder they don't print the phone number! Any ideas,no new programmes added, fault came on suddenly.
Thanks.

Ashrich 20:57 28 May 07

Can you boot into safe mode ? Keep tapping f8 as the PC runs through the initial set up then you will have a menu system you can scroll through , choose to boot into safe mode with networking , that will let you run any antivirus or spyware and have internet access as well , if it is a software problem you should be able to sort it .

Ashley

robinsaloft 10:48 29 May 07

I managed to get into safe mode and ran norton antivirus it found nothing. I presume you can't use the system restore feature in safe mode? Also while in safe mode with networking, I couldn't get into the internet.:(

Ashrich 16:48 29 May 07

You can use System Restore in safe mode , click here for details .

Ashley

Gongoozler 20:46 29 May 07

If the computer is freezing before it has completely loaded Windows but runs OK in safe mode, then there is some software loading at startup that is causing the problem. Click Start - Run, type into the box msconfig and click OK. In the System Configuration Utility click on the Startup tab. Remove the ticks from any boxes you don't recognise as essential and OK out of the utility. See if Windows starts properly. If it does, reapply the ticks until you identify the problem one. If that doesn't help, repeat but this time select the Services tap. Tick the box for "Hide Microsoft services", then disable all the rest. Restart the computer and see if that helps. If Windows now starts properly, re-enable the services until you identify the rogue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…