Zoom X6 Wireless Router + Virgin ADSL Problems

wattsie 11:16 18 Jan 08

Hi Guys,
I have just bought a zoom X6 wireless router and cannot get it to recognise my virgin adsl broadband. I was previously using the speedtouch USB modem supplied with the broadband which works fine.

Basically i go through all the steps in the installation process and get to the final step where it asks me to configure the modem by 'auto-detect(recommended)' but it always comes up with an error message saying 'Zoom ADSL not found'. I have tried to send it back but the company will not take it back.

Has anybody go any advice at all on what i can do to solve this. I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS AS MY GIRLFRIEND WILL KILL ME IF I DO NOT GET THIS SORTED SOON.

THERE IS A PRIZE FOR WHOEVER SORTS THIS FOR ME!!!!!!

Thanks

ambra4 12:11 18 Jan 08

Did you set up the lan card?

click here

ambra4 12:18 18 Jan 08

ASDL Modem via The Phone Line setting

Forget auto-detect and manual set up the router using the below setting

Connection Type = PPPoA

VPI/VCI = 0/38

Encapsulation = VCMUX.

User Name & Password that you presently use to access your ISP service

wattsie 14:29 18 Jan 08

Hi thanks for this. I havent set up the LAN card as wasnt aware that i needed to. Any advice on how to do this?

Also i have disabled the firewalls and anti virus but do i need to uninstall these too?

Do i need to remove the speedtouch software too?

ambra4 14:57 18 Jan 08

No there is no need to remove the speedtouch software.

Click on the click here in my first posting and follow the instruction on how to set up the lan card and network

There is no need to disable windows firewall

If any other firewalls are installed on any of the PCs, uninstall them.

This includes Zone Alarm, Sygate, Kerio, Norton Internet Security, Zero Knowledge Freedom, Cisco VPN Client, F-Secure, McAfee Firewall, Trend Micro, Comodo, PC Tools Firewall Plus etc.

In many cases, disabling the firewall is not enough; you have to actually uninstall it.

Do not install or re-install the firewall until after you have the network functioning properly

blinkineck 00:21 21 Jan 08

Firstly check the LAN is enabled. If not then enable it! Then connect the router and go to Iternet explorer.
Type 10.0.0.2, you will then be asked for a username and password.
These are Admin and zoomadsl.
If this brings up the router settings screen then you should have no problem using the set up from the CD.
If you are comfortable using the router screen that has come up you can go to "Basic Setup" and click the configure button from there!

Happy Surfing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017