zoom x6 internet light gone off and dsl flashing

Bruz 20:21 01 Sep 08

The router was working perfectly last night now when my friend came to use the PC this evening, there was no Internet connection.
She tells me that the Internet light is off and the dsl light flashes continuously. No one has changed any settings.
Resetting the router did not solve the problem.
Any one with any ideas as to what has caused it to stop working.
Regards Bruz

MAT ALAN 20:40 01 Sep 08

If it is flashing continuously for longer than 60 seconds, then your modem/router cannot connect to the internet. Check the phone cable connecting your modem/router to the telephone jack is plugged in securely at both ends.

Bruz 20:49 01 Sep 08

Thanks for that, I will go and check the lines in the morning. I will take a couple of filters in case one of them has failed.
thanks again.
Bruz

Bruz 14:30 02 Sep 08

Thanks for for your input MAT, Nothing worked and after spitting nails through brick walls I decided to phone Pipex and they said if you live anywhere near Sheffield there is repair work going on. Outages have been report by a lot of ISPs. BT cannot give a time for a resumption of the service. Using the laptop I looked at how many locals were logged on. A big fat zero, so outage of the dsl line is the problem.
thanks again.
Bruz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos