Zoom effect on text has gone!

Diemmess 20:47 01 Feb 08

Trivial really, but fairly recently as when when viewing the posts in this forum, Control+mouse scroll wheel, has no effect. I'm using XP Pro SP2 and updated.

This action used to zoom a range of text sizes from huge to miniscule. I'm pretty sure it is some software snag I've introduced

Any ideas please?

VoG II 21:03 01 Feb 08

Does View > Text size have any effect?

Technotiger 21:14 01 Feb 08

Or - run Ccleaner or similar, may be just a glitch in the registry.

rdave13 21:30 01 Feb 08

It's never worked for me using the aol browser but does on ie7 and opera.

Stuartli 23:54 01 Feb 08

With IE it's Ctrl + scroll wheel and for Firefox Ctrl and + or -.

brundle 23:55 01 Feb 08

Does your scroll-wheel still work normally?

Technotiger 08:17 02 Feb 08

Just as a matter of interest, Ctrl + Scroll wheel, works for me on both IE, and also on FF in addition to Ctrl and + or -

johnnyrocker 10:09 02 Feb 08

try tools/internet options/accesibility and put a tick in ignore web page fonts?

johnny.

Diemmess 12:20 02 Feb 08

I have used Aol since first seriously online after a useless dabble with Compuserve.
The Facts:
Wheel mouse works fine with all apps and scrolls properly even here. All windows are behaving properly except for Aol sign-off screen.

I didn't worry about loss of zoom (with Control key) but Aol's signing off screen barely shows the confirmation "Are You Sure"

I cannot drag the border of this window and the maximise option is greyed out. A day or two ago it didn't show at all and the only way out of Aol was the "end task" routine, but a shutdown and restart fixed that.

Today I spent an hour queuing for Live Help, and was dumped after being told how to alter screen resolution!
I also tried Aol's one click fix which "repairs" rather than reinstalls - no difference.

As I said at the beginning this is not critical.
Have been distracted by other commitments, but when the opportunity presents, I'll try more of the advice you've given.

I have tried in IE to follow the advice offered, but made no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…