Zoom 5510-T Modem.

Longinus 09:03 31 Oct 03

Hi all.

I,ve just bought a new Zoom broadband modem and in the user instructions it say "If you ever want in remove your ADSL modem-for instance,if you move your computer to a new location without ADSL service-you should remove the software before disconnecting the hardware".

Does this mean I have to do this even if I turn the PC off before I remove the modem? You see,I need the modem for my laptop and I will be swopping it over a lot.

anchor 09:25 31 Oct 03

It appears that your modem is a USB type. Probably, what it means is that you should first disconnect the modem using the little arrow on the right hand side of the task bar, (near the clock).

If you place you mouse cursor over it it will probably say some thing like, safely remove hardware. Click on this and follow directions.

keenan 09:28 31 Oct 03

If you shut down before you remove your USB connection it should,nt be a problem.
Your adsl modem is powered via your USB - just try it to see what happens.
If it is causing a problem then click here
for technical support.

Longinus 09:50 31 Oct 03

Thanks for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…