Zoom 4402 (setting as a access point, help pls)

JConcept4 10:18 27 Sep 10

Hi

I bought a Zoom 4402 from eBuyer to use as a wireless access point on a wired network but I am struggling getting the settings right.

We have built a new room which struggles accessing our old wifi signal so I thought i'd buy a new router/access point and set-up wired from the backbone which is a lot closer to the guys who need to access wireless.

I plugged in the Zoom to a laptop via LAN, disabled DHCP, created a new SSID and made secure using AES/TKIP. I then unplugged everything, connected the Zoom to the backbone switch via WAN and placed the Zoom in its position.

When I tried to connect to the Zoom via wireless on a laptop I get the dreaded aquiring network address. This stays for a while and then I get no/limited connectivity.

I can only get a network address if I leave DHCP turned on in the settings menu of the Zoom but I really need our network server to dish out IPs not the router.

Anybody got any advice on what I could try? We only need the Zoom to supply a wifi connection as the LAN ports won't be used.

The router is the below model

click here

Thanks for any help

(PS - give me a shout if more info is needed)

JConcept4 13:51 28 Sep 10

Thanks for the reply

Yep the AP has a static out of the DHCP range, NAT was off as well.

I tried giving the laptops a static ip and that worked connecting to the Zoom but this is not ideal as we need the wifi to be DHCP (from our server).

I'm going to send the AP back, Zooms customer service haven't helped any, will exchange for a different Access Point.

Does anybody know a decent AP? Is the Netgear WG602 any good?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced