Zonet ZEW1500 wireless card-can't load software

cyberphobic 22:21 03 May 05

I bought a PCMCIA card as above for my Compaq 1750 laptop. I am assured that it is in working order, but it came without a driver CD. No problem, I thought, I'll just download the drivers from the Zonet website, I selected the correct model, but try as I might I cannot get the "add hardware wizard" to detect the drivers. I contacted Zonet tecnical help who gave me a link to the driver I had already been trying to load! The only time I have had any signs of life from the card is when I "forced" it to load drivers for a DLink card which I have - it then displayed a green light, but didn't work! Can anyone offer any assistance please?

hugh-265156 23:53 03 May 05

i just had a quick google on the specs of your laptop and it seems quite old, what operating system are you running please?

i also had a quick check on the Zonet website and there are drivers for x9 win2k and xp.

i downloaded the driver and utility 05 (bottom of the page) click here and extracted the .zip to a folder, it contained within it, a 'driver' folder and within that three folders, 'x9/me' '2k' & 'xp' it also contained a 'setup.exe' executable.

try downloading this and click on the setup.exe file instead of using the add hardware wizard maybe.

cyberphobic 07:40 04 May 05

Hi - operating system is XP PRO/SP2 366MHZ processor, 192mb RAM, and 6.4gb HDD. The actual card I have is ZEW1500PU-02. I have downloaded the zip file and loaded the software using "setup.exe" as you describe, but what I can't do is to get the card to "see" the software

cyberphobic 21:23 05 May 05

Looks like a hardware problem then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…