zones in internet explorer

usually in internet explorer on the bottom right it says internet( as i am surfing) but sometimes when i click a link or just open ie.. it says unknown zone..and takes a while to say internet...this is slowing down web pages... any ideas as to whats causing this?? think its security or mabey router settings ?? kind regards akanic

STREETWORK 21:19 08 Sep 06

This is set by IE and its medium level of security. Not to worry about it.

cottie 21:34 08 Sep 06

Mine sometimes says unknown mixed. Is this anything to worry about?

so if i lower security it would then in turn speed up most of my browsing??

just to add.. i have only recently been noticing this..it would normally allways say internet.. and it will not load the page until it says internet..usually after a 4 second stall

STREETWORK 21:51 08 Sep 06

It may be that you have recently installed security updates. Wise to leave the settings as default with IE and as long as you keep your anti virus up to date and run some spyware program now and again should not be any cause to worry...

its not the security i'm worried about its the browser slowdown. i'm all up to date with all the gumph you can shake a stick at(so to speak) will leave open for a bit regards akanic

Jackcoms 08:34 09 Sep 06

The IE security level has little or no effect on the speed of your browser. As STREETWORK says, set it at 'Default'.

A bit of PC housekeeping will help. Clean all the crap away with click here

Disable System Restore and do full AV and anti-malware scans. Re-enable System Restore.

Then defrag the HDD and see if that helps.

done done and done....forgot to say computer kept in tip top condition :-)have system restore turned off..i use nero backup instead...will try and find out and go a bit deeper into it..will post findings if any ta

well nothing to report so will live with it... kind regards akanic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac