ZoneAlarm+AntiVirus & Internet Connection Sharing

dave_and_confused 13:39 03 May 05

I have a Windows XP PC and bought and installed ZoneAlarm with AntiVirus.

Today i tried to set up an Internet Connection Share between my PC and another XP PC so someone else can use the Internet whilst i am working.

However the "client" PC will only work when ZoneAlarm is disbaled.

I tried putting the client PC (IP 192.something) into the Trusted Zone but to no avail....

How do i get ZoneAlarm to allow my client PC to connect to the Internet?

igk 14:24 03 May 05

"I tried putting the client PC (IP 192.something) into the Trusted Zone but to no avail" You also have to put the IP address of the gateway pc into the trusted zone of the client pc.HTH.

retep888 14:50 03 May 05

You have to adjust the level to medium in order to allow for the sharing, are you using the pro or free version, sometimes the free one doesn't support networking.

mgmcc 15:03 03 May 05

In the "host" PC's Zone Alarm, reduce the Internet Zone Security level from High to Medium or the ICS traffic between "host" and "client" will be blocked.

dave_and_confused 15:20 03 May 05

""I tried putting the client PC (IP 192.something) into the Trusted Zone but to no avail" You also have to put the IP address of the gateway pc into the trusted zone of the client pc.HTH."

The cleint PC is only using the Windows Firewall. How do i do that? I can't see any options / screens to allow me to do such a thing.

"You have to adjust the level to medium in order to allow for the sharing, "

Did that but no difference.

"are you using the pro or free version"

I'm using the paid version called "Zone Alarm with Anti Virus" Not sure if the ZA version is Pro or not but it's paid for.

"In the "host" PC's Zone Alarm, reduce the Internet Zone Security level from High to Medium or the ICS traffic between "host" and "client" will be blocked. "

Still blocked even on Low. Access is only allowed when the ZA is switched Off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…