Zonealarm which programs to allows

whizza 15:04 03 Dec 03

ive just bought zonealrm pro but im a bit confused as to which programs to allow i-net acess to. Is there a site which list's which programs u should allow and disallow??

for example dllhost.exe msdtc.exe svchost.exe have all asked for i-net access and im not sure to allow them or not

sil_ver 15:08 03 Dec 03

these are probably windows update requests BUT if you're not sure don't allow it as you can manually update. I dont know if there is a site that describes what you want but you can always do a search.

kinger 15:16 03 Dec 03

As soon as you install Zone Alarm you'll have an avalaunch of reqests to access the Internet.

You can set Zone Alarm to allow it's own database KNOWN good programs this access but it won't know everything.

Click on 'No, for now' see if anything you are using doesn't work properly and, that being the case, click on 'Yes' next time and tick the box that says 'Don't ask me again about this one', that way you won't keep getting asked each time the program wakes up.

In future installations you'll obviously be able to tell if the program is legit because Zone Alarm will ask you soon after installation, when you log onto the Internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…