Zonealarm and Vista Problem

Les 23:43 21 Dec 07

I've just bought a Toshiba laptop, it has the Vista Home Premium OS installed. I have just downloaded the free Zonealarm file from Major Geeks. The file title is _70_462_000_en.exe. When trying to install this on the laptop a message comes on screen telling me that (Quote: "This check point product is not compatible with Windows Vista Operating System" and the installation is then stopped.

Anyone have a clue why this should be when the file is listed on the MajorGeeks web site as compatible with Vista?

click here
download from here and confirm it's vista and you get the firewall without the other clutter.

skidzy 09:52 22 Dec 07

Les it looks like you have the correct version (7).

When trying to install this,right click the .exe and run as admin.

Halmer 10:00 22 Dec 07

he correct version for Vista is 7.1..........somethingorother

Halmer 10:01 22 Dec 07
  Halmer 10:03 22 Dec 07
  skidzy 10:05 22 Dec 07

My apologies Les,Halmer is correct click here

Halmer 10:08 22 Dec 07

It is a bit confusing though.

Presumably the Major Geeks reference is just inaccurate?

Les 11:28 22 Dec 07

First, thanks to you both for your replies.

Let me explain what I am doing. The laptop that I'm trying to install Zonealarm on is new and not yet on Broadband. So, I'm using my desktop to download the files mentioned by each of you - then copying, via a dongle, to the laptop and then installing from there. Possibly this is why I'm in trouble for both the links were unsuccessful - stopping, in each case, at 12%.

When, in XP, I have used the above method Zonealarm has installed with no bother - should Vista be different?

Les 11:30 22 Dec 07

Could it be that the program, at the 12% point is trying to contact Zonealarm - failing to do so for there is no connection at the moment.

Halmer 12:58 22 Dec 07

Can't be 100% positive but i think that ZA installs without the need for a connection so this wouldn't explain the 12% issue.

have you tried to install version 7.1 on the laptop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…