ZoneAlarm update what do I do now??

golfpro 16:50 22 Jul 03

I received the ZA update info box/popup on my screen today. and downloaded it. I saved it to disc overwriting the original file. Question do I have to go through the set-up procedure again or will it update my existing program automatically. funny enough the pop up appeared again this afternoon. This is the free version and not the pro.

Stuartli 17:31 22 Jul 03

If you chose not to have a clean installation you previous settings should have been retained.

However, if you have the just superceded version, there's seems little point in updating just for the sake of it.

Mike2002 18:29 22 Jul 03

ZA say that a complete reinstallation is easier, and that's the one I usually go for.
It's no hassle to tick the pop-ups each time you run any programs for the first time.

Steinman 19:51 22 Jul 03

Be careful you have actually downloaded the new version- 3.7_202 as earlier on the ZA download site was still downloaning the old version 3.7_193!!
The correct update is now available.

misog 21:30 22 Jul 03

It still seems to be downloading 193 !!!!!. Strange !!!!

golfpro 07:17 23 Jul 03

The download I have is also 3.7 193. Another question, when I eventually get 202 do I have to de-install the earlier version before I install 202??

Peverelli 10:09 23 Jul 03

I've always allowed ZA to do the updates automatically and then restarted the computer. I've had no problems and all my settings have remained the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…