ZoneAlarm Trusted zones stranger?

igk 16:41 26 Feb 04

Hi All, I have just found something odd in my trusted zone with zonealarm,I network 3 pc's at home and usually there are only the other pc's and thae network adaptor in the trusted area,now there is the following:WAN(PPP/SLIP)interface,adaptor subnet, it also has an IP address as follows 62.255.72.248/255.255.255.255
the first part of the IP address before the slash changes (I know the last bit is the subnet mask)I have done a trace on the changing IP addresses and they both point to "Network solutions"?? I have tried to remove this entry but it refuses to go saying"cannot remove an active adaptor" I have obviously done a full av scan,spybot,adaware and found nothing (on all 3 machines)and this entry only appears on one pc's zonealarm trusted zone.
Any help would be greatfully received.TIA.

BarryKeith 17:14 26 Feb 04

Check in "Device manager" to see if you also have it listed there, if so, you can disable or uninstall it from there. I do not think you should be using PPP/SLIP as the normal internet connections are TCP. It's possible that some spyware has managed to install the connection before it got blasted by your protection programs.
You could also up the security rating for that zone to make it more difficult for such thing to gain a foothold.

igk 17:32 26 Feb 04

Hi BarryKeith, Thanks for that,its not in device manager and if I up the security in trusted zones no one can see me (and I need this to happen as one of the other pc's shares a connection)Iv'e a good mind to contact "network Solutions" and ask them but I would probably get ignored!!

BarryKeith 17:59 26 Feb 04

If it is'nt listed in device manager under network adapters I do not think it would be anywhere else. You could check settings/network connections and see if it shows up there. if so, you can right click it to find more info or disable it.

LeadingMNMs 18:58 26 Feb 04

What form of network do you have. Perhaps if you have a router it is pointing to this. This would change if your ISP supplies a dynamic IP address. You could check what the IP address is of the external side of the router from another machine (should be somewhere in its settings) and check this against this number.

igk 19:38 26 Feb 04

The network is 3 pc's all winxp pro,10/100 network pci cards,connected with cat5 cable via a network hub,tcp/ip protcol,all with zonealarm,one pc shares with the problem one via a proxy server prog "AnologX"never had any probs before,As said the first part of the IP address changes (4 times this afternoon)all traces end up with "network solutions" have never used these people (even if I had there would be no reason to put them in my trusted zone,I have contacted zone labs but will take 3 days to answer or so!UPDATE also now this problem comes and goes from the trusted zone!!

igk 21:15 26 Feb 04

By a process of ilimination it only appears when one of the pc's is connected to the network? so I guess there must be something on it although as said I have run spybot and adaware on all with nothing found.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…