Zonealarm stopping me connecting to network drive

andy625 11:42 13 Oct 08

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to Zonealarm so that I can access my Freecom network drive with the Firewall still running? At the moment I can only connect if I shut Zonealarm down and revert to the Windows XP firewall. I've tried to find a setting in Zonealarm that might be causing the problem, but cuoldn't see one.

birdface 11:55 13 Oct 08

As a last resort.Remove Zone alarm.Run C Cleaner.Then reinstall Zone alarm latest version.Or wait until someone can help you to reconfigure Zone alarm to let Freecom run.

gardener 12:36 13 Oct 08

I think you need to find the IP address allocated to the network drive. Then open Zone Alarm, click on the 'Firewall'tab and then on the 'Zones' tab. From here you can manually add the IP address to the 'Trusted Zone'.
This programme should help you find the IP address:

click here

Rahere 12:43 13 Oct 08

What version of ZA are you using? I recall older free versions didn't like network shares....

Once you know the IP address to the network drive Go to the "Zones" area of the "Firewall" configuration section.

Click the "Add" button at the bottom and click "Subnet" to define the subnet. Make sure the "Trusted" zone is selected when you define the subnet address. When you define the subnet, make sure to leave 0 as the last octet, something like this:

255.255.255.0 (netmask)

andy625 12:56 13 Oct 08

Thanks for the replies, I'm at work at the mo, so can't tell you the exact version of Zonealarm that I have. It is the free version and I downloaded it about 3 weeks ago though, so its pretty current. I'll have a look at the settings and try out your suggestions tonight.

andy625 22:59 13 Oct 08

Rahere, I'm using ZoneAlarm version:7.0.483.000. I just followed your instructions and can now see the drive with no problems. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…