ZoneAlarm is spoiling my enjoyment

pj123 11:50 31 Mar 04

When I first installed ZoneAlarm I used get something like 2 or 3 alerts a day on the Internet. Now I seem to be getting alerts every 5 or 6 seconds, even when I am not logged on to the internet. In the course of just typing this thread I have had 7 alerts, which is now spoiling my enjoyment of using my computer. Is this normal these days? Is anyone else getting the same amount of alerts that I am. It seems that I now have two options: don’t use my computer or take ZoneAlarm off. Option 1 is not my choice but if I take ZoneAlarm off am I making myself vunerable? I am on Broadband and Win98SE.

christmascracker 11:58 31 Mar 04

Isn't there an option to turn the alerts off?

darkjedimistress 12:00 31 Mar 04

that allows Zonealarm to log alerts but to do it silently. Only when unauthorised software tries to gain access will any kind of alert actually pop up.

MandT 12:02 31 Mar 04

Open ZoneAlarm, click on Alerts & Logs, then click on the Main tab at the top right and then click the off button. This stops the pop up alerts, but doesn't stop zone alarm working.

If you want to view the alerts at any time, then just click on the Log Viewer option.

Mark

Anator11 12:10 31 Mar 04

sounds like you have your security set too high anyway if your getting alerts this often. Try reducing your security settings to medium as well as what is mentioned above.

pj123 12:47 31 Mar 04

Thanks everyone. Done all that so will check it over the next few days.

erkmatrix 13:01 31 Mar 04

Yeah does sound pretty extreme all them times aday, I get sick of my zonealarm too but I guess its better on than off.

johnnyrocker 13:12 31 Mar 04

i dumped my za pro after a load of true vector engine probs which re installing did not solve.

johnny.

Lionheart ? 15:38 31 Mar 04

Don't have a problem with ZA personally.

Stuartli 16:24 31 Mar 04

Works silently and efficiently in the background - only pops up with a Permission box only when it is absolutely necessary.

Creditman 18:12 31 Mar 04

My experience is same as Stuartli.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…