Zonealarm query

Pita BT 17:16 02 Sep 05

I am running ZoneAlarm version:5.5.094.000.
With previous versions of Zonealarm I have suppressed intrusion alerts because there were many and a nuisance.
With this version the alerts are enabled but I have never seen an alert and when checking, it states there have been no blocked intrusions.
I find this a bit worrying. Does that mean there have been intrusions which have not been blocked or there have been no intrusions at all?

Stuartli 17:42 02 Sep 05

Why not download the latest version (6.0.631.003) and disable the alerts feature?

The vast majority are perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

scotty 18:01 02 Sep 05

Stay clear of v6!!! Search this forum for zonealarm or zone alarm and you will see the problems some people are having. There is a serious problem with v6 of ZA. Check out the ZA forum to see if new versions have cured the problems before considering v6. It is not worth the risk as removing the problem v6 can be extremely difficult.

Regarding your question, are you using a modem with inbuilt firewall by any chance?

Pita BT 19:29 02 Sep 05

I did have a problem with Zonealarm 6 some time ago and got shot of it and fell back to V5. Everything seems to be working fine except no intrusions at all are being logged. Harmless or not I cannot believe that there haven't been any.
I am on ISDN and as far as I am aware there is no firewall associated with that.
XP firewall is not active.

VoG II 19:32 02 Sep 05

Are you connecting through a router? That may well have its own firewall.

Pita BT 19:36 02 Sep 05

Connection is plain usb lead to home highway (ISDN) box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…