Boots up with
prog files\zonealam\ --z\client.exe
Validation failed for........alert.zap
Rebooted twice and same result
I haven,t altered or loaded anything except updated AVG
Advice would be appreciated
Thank you

Totally-braindead 14:28 10 Feb 07

Well my AVG is fully up to date as is my Zone Alarm and I don't have this problem. Only suggestion I have is download the latest Zone Alarm, delete the one you have and reinstall.

WallyD 14:32 10 Feb 07

will have a go
cheers

playmofire 14:48 10 Feb 07

I found that AVG and ZoneAlarm didn't run well together and so switched to Avast anti-virus. I've heard, too, that AVG isn't the best anti-virus and anti-spyware software. In fact, I recently uninstalled AVG on my sister's PC and replaced it with Avast and also loaded Spybot R and D. A scan with Spybot brought up 64 examples of spyware.

WallyD 14:57 10 Feb 07

Thanks chaps
I've just reinstalled Z/Alarm and ok at present
However I've noticed ahen I've booted up the Z/A Icon is always active for a few seconds showing sending and receiving. This morning when I booted Z/A icon never flickered
Might be my imagination but we'll see what happpens next
Many thanks

Totally-braindead 15:05 10 Feb 07

playmofire I don't know who told you this. AVG is as good as AVAST and AVAST is as good as AVG it depends on what YOU prefer.
And anti virus programs do not look for spyware, thats what you use a spyware program for. Also no spyware program gets them all. You are better to use 2 spyware programs and hopefully the second one will get what the first one misses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced