zonealarm problems?

stevebabes 15:22 05 Oct 05

i have installed zone alarm 3 days ago and i am starting to have problems with my pc (iecrashing)as anyone else had the same problems any help would be appreciated.

recap 15:41 05 Oct 05

Do you have more than the one firewall installed?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:00 05 Oct 05

Or a security suite like Norton or Mcafee ?

They may be conflicting with ZA.

stevebabes 12:51 06 Oct 05

no i used to have mcafee but i lost the code to update it so got rid and ive switched windows xp firewall off i think it might be driver related.

SOREBLADE 17:26 06 Oct 05

Apperently Zone Alarm isn't that good I'd recommend EZ Firewall EZ & ZA are related but NEVER had problems with EZ once it's configured its good.

IPA 17:47 06 Oct 05

Have you tried uninstalling zone alarm ,then doing a system restore to the point before the original installation then re-installing?

grumpygramp 19:41 07 Oct 05

As with most installations but especially with Zone Alarm it is best to use the task Manager to ensure no other programs are running . I have used Zone alarm for the past 4 years and the only time I had problems was when I did not install it properly .

mbp 20:48 07 Oct 05

Quote Stevebabes [no i used to have mcafee but i lost the code to update it so got rid and ive switched windows xp firewall off i think it might be driver related.]
I suspect conflicts. I have ZA and I have no problems at all. How did you Remove McFee? Did you use McFee's own uninstall program? Did you clean out your registry after that? If not properly and thoroughly Removed, including your registry, could be the common cause of conflicts. You may have to use a 3rd party Registry Cleaner.

iscanut2 22:51 07 Oct 05

I uninstalled McAfee Antivirus and Firewall programs via the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. Had no problems and installed AVG Anti Virus and AVG Firewall which run fine.

pj123 12:35 08 Oct 05

A couple of weeks ago I got a prompt from Zonealarm that an update was available to version 6.0. something. I downloaded and when it installed I got the same problems as you. I took it off and re-installed my earlier version and all is well again.

BigRik 13:14 08 Oct 05

The earlier versions of ZA, such as the version pj123 and I are using, are fantastic; but I have read about an awful lot of problems with v6.0. I do recommend ZA, but try to get an earlier version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…