ZoneAlarm Pro won't complete start up

Bargee 17:24 02 May 05

Hiya,

Been having a shedload of frustrating problems after trying to renew my license for ZoneAlarm Pro. It all started to go wrong when I downloaded the then latest version (55-062-011-5) & did the usual upgrade procedure. ZoneAlarm wouldn't load completely on start up, it then wouldn't be unistalled. I contacted ZoneLabs support and followed the uninstallation process in their article 55646 for complete removal of ZoneAlarm. That was fine, but the clean install of the same download produced the same results. I've even repeated the uninstall & did a clean install of the very latest version (55-094-000), same thing.

I get through all the installation screens up to the point of re-starting the PC with no problems, but re-start & I'm back to where I was before. ZoneAlarm hasn't started & a "ZoneAlarm is initializing" screen appears, then disappears before re-appearing a couple of minutes later & so on. Clicking on it's cancel button shuts down ZoneAlarm even though it hasn't started.

I've even gone through the removal procedure (without deleting anything) to see if some of the files that were missing before, were missing again, only to find that they still are!

I've posted this because ZoneLabs Support is a bit slow to resond, so if anyone else has experienced this, I'd really like to know if & how they managed to solve the problem.

I've also had some wierd problems with Windows as a result which I posted on a previous thread, but got little response with.

Cheers.

Bargee 17:57 02 May 05

See above.

Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:06 02 May 05

Restore your system to before you did the update.

Wait till ZA have sorted the problem with teir latest update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…