ZONEALARM NOT DETECTING ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE?

webber_man 01:28 08 Jun 04

Q)

Zone Labs From what you've told me, I understand that:
You need help with a product feature.
Your Antivirus Monitoring feature does not recognize antivirus programs.

A)

Zone Labs Currently the Antivirus Monitoring feature will recognize the following Antivirus products:
SYMANTEC:
Norton Internet Security Pro 2004, Norton AV Pro 2004, Norton Internet Security 2003, Norton AV 2003, Norton AV Pro 2003, Norton AV 2002,
MCAFEE: VirusScan ASaP, Internet Security 2004, VirusScan 2004, VirusScan Pro 2004, Internet Security 2003, VirusScan 7, VirusScan Pro 7, VirusScan Pro 6
TREND MICRO: Internet Security 2004, Pc-cillin 2003, Pc-cillin 2002,
COMPUTER ASSOCIATES: eTrust Antivirus 7, eTrust EZ Antivirus 6.0, eTrust EZ Antivirus 6.1, eTrust EZ Antivirus 6.2,

Zone Labs is researching the possibility of recognizing other Antivirus programs from different vendors.
If your antivirus program is not recognized by the AV monitoring feature this in no way changes the protection of the firewall or of your antivirus program.
The Antivirus Monitoring feature is designed to keep your computer safe by detecting installed antivirus software products and alerting you to lapses in protection. You can think of it as a second line of defense in the event your AV auto update feature has been disabled, we will notify you that there is an update for your AV program available.

webber_man 01:30 08 Jun 04

Info found on the ZoneLabs website
click here

Don't think the reverting back to a previous version is necessary or wise given that the firewall software must have been updated and improved.

hugh-265156 01:43 08 Jun 04

just disable the av monitoring if you use AVG or a product that ZA doesnt support.

zonealarm/antivirus monitoring click 'off'

Stuartli 09:08 08 Jun 04

I also get the warning about the anti-virus program in the latest ZA version, but haven't worried about it as I know it is working properly (AVG free version).

Seems strange though that such a popular AV program isn't acknowledged by ZA Labs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…