Zonealarm New Network Found

SURVEY 22:13 08 Feb 11

Plesae help me from going crazy. I run Windows XP and Zonealarm. Recently on startup I get a Zonealarm screen come up with .New Network found saying Zonealarm has found a new connection between your computer and the internet'. The oprion is given of Keep in Internet Zone or Allow into Trusted Zone. Whatever I allow this screen comes up every time I boot up. I have used Zonealrm for years without problem but this nuisance is making me want to dump the program.

Can anyone help?

MAT ALAN 23:46 08 Feb 11

click here

click here

might help...

esbe 23:49 08 Feb 11

some more info that might help.

click here

click here

SURVEY 02:28 09 Feb 11

Thanks for the links. I had found the first 3 mentioned and still had problems. With regard to the fourth I do not have the advanced option stated as I have reinstalled an earlier version (but the problem still exists). Any other ideas or do I just hope that ZA get an update out soon?

SURVEY 12:00 11 Feb 11

Seekit - I do hope that the issue will be addressed. I note that there have been plenty of complaints about this on the Zonealarm forum; many of the suggestions to get around the problem have not worked; none have worked for me. I really wish programmers would not try to justify their existence by tweaking something that has worked perfectly well just for the sake of it; the they take an age to remedy their mistakes!

SURVEY 21:59 11 Feb 11

Fed up with the Zonealarm problems. Now the icon on the toolbar says protection is on and UI is initialising plus I cannot get the interface screen up at all. Have tried completely clearing Zonealarm folders etc but to no avail.

What other free stand alone Firewall can anyone recommend?

SURVEY 11:59 18 Feb 11

Back to square one now with the intrusive interface coming up each time the computer is booted up - message saying 'New Network Found'. This appears to be a common problem and the Zonealarm users forum has had a response from the programmers that a coming update should sort this problem. How long one has to wait for this, I do not know. How many users will ditch Zonealarm in the interim? I am sorely tempted to change now.

Is there another free standalone Firewall that works as unobtrusively as Zonealarm used to?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…