zonealarm and network problems

Nessie 21:30 23 May 09

Have a router based network. Have firefox and have been told before that I dont need another firewall as well as the router. I have had problems with firefox freezing on my vista pc so instead of going to an older version decided to switch it of on the vista pc and my 2 xp laptops. When i did this my network would not work even though zonealarm was off. The laptops could see each other but could not access the pc. If I switch zonealarm back on on the pc it all works again. The funny thing is that on all the computers if they are switched off and reboot security centre still reports zonealarm as the firewall enen though it is not in the processes etc. If I completely uninstall zonealarm will that make a difference Thanks

Bob The Blob 22:43 23 May 09

Yes uninstall zonealarm completely. You'll find more info at the zonealarm forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…