//some 3rd party need geo

Zonealarm Firewall

Thomo1 23:55 29 Nov 04

I would just like to say that what an outstanding program this is.
I got this recommended to me from Andy Kitney (Kegger) and in all honesty it puts to shame my NIS2005 firewall features!!!
The detail you can get off ZA is so re-assuring that i know feel my system is secure. The web links and explanations of why the alert came about really does, in fear of repeating my self make NIS 2005 FW look veru amaturish!!!

Whilst i have been using NIS the alerts it comes up with offer no explanation to who and why and sometimes left me quite worried my system is vunerable (have made a post on here about such alerts).
Although i get the same number of alerts with ZA the shear detail you can recieve and the re-assurances it gives make me feel so much more comfortable.

For anybody wanting a idiots guide to protection without all the technical and complexity i so much recommend downlading ZONEALARM.

I am very impressed.

Lasse 04:52 30 Nov 04

If your impressed with the firewall you should try
ZoneAlarm internet security. You have to buy it . I run it on my computer and you hardly know its there.
It has everything firewall, antivirus, spam filters. pop up stoppers and lots more. I think it costs 69$ but well worth it for peace of mind. NIS is not in the same league.

Stuartli 10:01 30 Nov 04

Many of us have been using ZoneAlarm for several years and share your enthusiasm.

You can safely disable Alerts from the Alerts and Logs section of the main menu - 99.9 per cent are merely basic use information rather than warnings.

pavel 11:30 30 Nov 04

Hi folks Yep ZA is xlent but I have a current prob with it (the Free version of the fire wall)I have a small 10baseT network and since ZA was installed I am unable to network or print to the network printer from one of my pcs (Running xp pro ) all othere pc,s running xp home and ME are fine. Is this a known prob XP PRO Vs ZA ?
Thank you
Pavel

Stuartli 14:25 30 Nov 04

Just a guess but have you tried ZA's Add button in Program Control>My Network Places>and adding the printer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…