zonealarm firewall

hi everybody, just a question, has anybody got zonealarm firewall version 4.5.538/001 installed in windows xp home edition, if they have, is it any good, im thinking of installing it myself. thanks. ger

letitbleed 06:31 02 Apr 04

I have had Zonealarm Pro installed for quite awhile now & not had any issues with it

ened 06:37 02 Apr 04

I am using it with XPpro.
I am also using the file sharing programmes Overnet and Kazaa.
So long as you configure it correctly (and they will tell you how) it runs fine.

More importantly: It gives you peace of mind.

keith-236785 06:47 02 Apr 04

ened, ditto

za pro 4.5.538.001 with XP Pro, i use winmx and have also tried kazaa lite++

no problems so far, have used ZA for a few years now and have just upgraded to paid version cos i like it so much.

computer is on 24/7 and hopefully is safe, anti-virus (AVG free version) scans daily at 4.20 am, and also checks for updates daily

JayDay 08:36 02 Apr 04

Go for it. I have it on my WinXP system, no problems at all. If you've got kids then fork out for Zone Alarm with Web Filtering, blocks nasty sites.

thank you everybody, i will give it a try.

GaT7 14:12 02 Apr 04

Sorry, this is a little belated but you may also be interested in this independent Freeware Firewall Group test/comparison: click here to read the article.

thank you crossbow7, your link made very interesting reading, thank you again

GaT7 15:21 02 Apr 04

You're welcome. Please return to this thread (in a few weeks - if you can remember!) & let us know which one you finally chose & whether it was performing well enough or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…