Zonealarm Failing ICMP/Ping probe

zipp13 20:46 08 Sep 06

Hi, got an issue with Zonalarm IS 6.5.737.000. I run a regular external test on my firewall/AV programs using Symantec on line scanner and Shield's Up every so often. To my dismay, both scans showed that Zonealarm was quite happy to shout from the rooftops who and where my IP was, by responding to a ping request, making me a prime target for webhooli's. I've checked ZA's firewall settings, internet zone is set to high and therefore stealth mode, but responding to ICMP/Ping requests does not sound very stealthy to me. Anybody know how to adjust the firewall settings to stop these responses ( current settings all at default and I haven't tampered with them).

Muchas gracias

cottie 21:43 08 Sep 06

Are you behind a router that does NAT? It might just be the hardware device that is scanned and not your computer.

zipp13 21:49 08 Sep 06

Yeah, I'm behind a router with a NAT firewall, but never had a failed ping test before. Used to use Norton IS but got cheesed off with that and switched to Zonealarm after reading many positives about it in PCA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…